Resources by Audience
State CSPD Teams
Commonly Used Acronyms
This form is intended to be used in Phase One of the Intensive TA to document all the TA being provided within a state.
This form is a Memorandum of Agreement for Intensive TA with ECPC.
This Guide's purpose is to provide an implementation framework manual that describes the processes, procedures, and resources required to successfully implement a state CSPD.
Thus far, 11 States have completed CSPD strategic planning and have developed individualized vision and mission statements, featured below, which frame their strategic planning objectives.
This interactive document is used to evaluate the quality of your action plan.
Part C and Part B/619 Staff
IHE Faculty / Students
Use this ECPC checklist to consider the grant elements of your application that will be reviewed and scored.
The Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, Department of Education has announced a new personnel preparation funding opportunity. Use this ECPC planning guide to prepare your application for the Personnel Development to Improve Services and Results for Children with Disabilities: Interdisciplinary Preparation in Special Education, Early Intervention, and Related Services for Personnel Serving Children with Disabilities Who Have High-Intensity Needs (CFDA 84.325K) Focus Area A: Preparing personnel to serve infants, toddlers, and preschool-age children with disabilities who have high intensity needs. Applications are due May 29, 2020.
The intended use of the ECPC Curriculum Planning Tool is to provide higher education faculty a tool to develop initial Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (EI/ECSE) programs and blended Early Childhood Education (ECE) and ECSE programs aligned with personnel preparation standards and recommended practices and to ensure that the standards and recommended practices are embedded within and throughout the curriculum. The development of the ECPC curriculum planning tool was driven by the CEC Initial Special Education Professional Preparation Standards (2012), the DEC Initial Specialty Set: ECSE/EI knowledge and skill statements, and the NAEYC Professional Preparation Standards (2010), aligned with the DEC Recommended Practices (RPs) (2014). You will find each DEC RP as a separate tab on the tool.
A crosswalk for each Recommended Practice within the Recommended Practices topical areas were developed and are located on the Early Childhood Personnel Center website. Given the methodological procedure for these crosswalks, not all personnel standard elements are included. The Leadership practices have not yet been included in the crosswalk.
This is a downloadable excel file and should be personalized to meet the needs of your EI/ECSE or blended ECE/ECSE program. The tabs represent topics in early childhood special education and are not intended to represent single courses within a EI/ECSE program.
Course enhancement offerings include e-learning lessons, practice guides, resources, and CONNECT Modules.
This example syllabus provides ideas, resources, activities, readings, and assignments, aligned with personnel preparation standards and recommended practices. Consider state and university policies and add as appropriate. This is an example only and is not a complete syllabus.
Self Assessment Tool for Families: Family Self Assessment
Self Assessment Tool for Coordinators to measure family/stakeholder engagement: Self Assessment to measure family engagement support
Acronym List: Acronym List 1.20.2020
Literature Synthesis & Data Reports
- Data Report 1: National Landscape of Early Childhood Personnel Standards for Professionals Serving Infants and Young Children with Disabilities and Their Families under 619 and Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Data Report 2: The National Status of State Comprehensive Systems of Personnel Development for Part C and Part B (619) Programs of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA): 2013
- Data Report 3: The National Status of State CSPD Subcomponents for Part C and Part B(619) Programs
- Data Report 4: The National Landscape of IHE Programs in Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education across Degree Level
- Data Report 5: Early Intervention/Early Childhood Personnel Standards, Birth through Eight years - The Development Process
Literature Syntheses and Reviews
- #1 Systematic Review of Models of State Agency and Institutions of Higher Education Practices Leading to Alignment of State Personnel Standards and Competencies with Curricula at Institutions of Higher Education
- #2 Systematic Review of Models of State Agency and Institutions of Higher Education Practices Leading to Alignment of Preservice and Inservice Training for Early Childhood Interventionists
- #3 Models of Coordination at a Systems Level to Promote Integrated Early Childhood Professional Development for Personnel Working with Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers with Disabilities
- #4 Metasyntheses of Inservice Professional Development Research
- #5 Meta-Analysis of the Relationships Between Different Leadership Practices and Organizational, Teaming, Leader, and Employee Outcomes
- #6 Supplemental Report: Meta-Analysis of the Relationships Between Different Leadership Practices and Organizational, Teaming, Leader and Employee Outcomes
- #7 Scoping Review of the Core Elements of Technical Assistance Models and Frameworks
- #8 Review of the Effects of Technical Assistance on Program, Organization and System Change
- #9 Metasynthesis of Preservice Professional Preparation and Teacher Education Research Studies
- #10 Supplemental Report Metasynthesis of Preservice Professional Preparation and Teacher Education Research Studies