Definition and Indicators for Collaboration and Coordination:
Coordinates and collaborates with the family and service providers across disciplines and agencies throughout the service delivery process.
- Uses effective communication skills (listening, speaking, writing) with others.
- Shares information and resources with service providers from other disciplines and agencies.
- Coordinates the delivery of early childhood intervention services, resources and supports with service providers from other disciplines and agencies.
- Collaborates with service providers and agencies to facilitate a team approach to early childhood intervention.
- Collaborates with the family, service providers, and agencies to develop, implement, monitor and revise (when necessary), an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP), Individualized Education Plan (IEP), intervention, or learning plan.
- Collaborates with service providers and agencies to identify roles and responsibilities when delivering intervention.
- Demonstrates negotiation skills with service providers and agencies to problem solve and take necessary actions to benefit the child and family.
- Facilitates transitions from the Part C or 619 programs to another program with the family and service providers from different disciplines and agencies.
Case studies illustrate the cross disciplinary competencies and are for use by Higher Education faculty and Professional development staff.
Case Study: Coordination and Collaboration .pdf