Enhancing In-Service and Professional Development
- Establish a statewide system aligned to state and national professional organization personnel standards and the Cross Disciplinary Competencies
- Integrate Division for Early Childhood Recommended Practices (RP) into professional development opportunities
- Use of evidenced based adult learning practices in professional development
- Ensure that families and/or parent organizations participate in the design and delivery of in-service personnel development
- Identify additional areas needed to prepare and support a high quality ECI workforce to improve outcomes of infants and young children with disabilities and their families through the delivery of high-quality services in inclusive settings
- Other identified areas needed to prepare and support a high quality ECI workforce to improve outcomes of infants and young children with disabilities and their families through the delivery of high-quality services in inclusive setting
Course Enhancement Materials: videos, practice guides, and resources
- Course Enhancement Materials
Course enhancement offerings include e-learning lessons, practice guides, resources, and CONNECT Modules
Each learning series has an introduction, practice illustration and implementation activities and resources.
Professional Development Planning Tools
- Cross-Disciplinary Competencies
Representatives from each of the seven professional organizations reviewed the competency areas and sub-areas and presented these core competency areas for approval to each of their respective organizations. American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA); the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); the Council of Exceptional Children (CEC) and the Division of Early Childhood (DEC), the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC); and ZERO TO THREE.
- Crosswalks of the Division for Early Childhood (DEC) Recommended Practices
The crosswalks are designed to assist faculty and professional development providers in identifying the intersection of the DEC Recommended Practices with the CEC and NAEYC Standards as well as the DEC knowledge and skill statements. The crosswalks provide a resource to facilitate the integration of the DEC Recommended Practices by higher education faculty and professional development providers into course/workshop activities, assignments, and fieldwork.
- Personnel Standards Alignment
These alignments were done to assist higher education faculty and professional development staff to align their curricula with knowledge and skills and standards for early childhood special educators who serve infants and young children and their families.
- DEC Recommended Practices
DEC Recommended Practices are a DEC initiative that bridges the gap between research and practice, offering guidance to parents and professionals who work with young children who have or are at risk for developmental delays or disabilities.
Remote Intervention Tools
|Tip sheet: Enhancing Family-Provider Partnerships During COVID-19||Enhancing Family-Provider Partnerships|
|Tips for Providers: Providing & Coordinating EI Remotely||Tips for Providers: What to say to Families|
|Tips for Providers: Providing & Coordinating EI Remotely (What will it look like?)||Tips for Providers: What will a Remote Visit Look Like?|
|Tips for Families: Receiving Remote EI Services||Tips for Families Flyer .pdf What is Remote EI
Consejos para Familias .pdf What is Remote EI? (Spanish)
|Tips for Families: How to prepare for a Remote EI Visit||Tips for Families: .pdf Preparing for the Visit
Consejos para Familias: .pdf Preparing for the Visit (Spanish)
|Virginia Early Intervention Professional Development Center||Framework for reflective questioning / The Coaching Quick Reference Guide - .pdf|
|Virginia Early Intervention Professional Development Center||Tools of Trade|
|OCALI (Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence Disabilities) (note: you must login but it is free)||Suite of Resources for Early Childhood Professionals|
|Protecting Student Privacy
U.S. Department of Education
|Student Privacy 101|
|Edelman, L. (2020). Planning for the Use of Video Conferencing for Early Intervention Home Visits during the COVID-19 Pandemic||Planning for the Use of Video Conferencing for Early Intervention Home Visits during the COVID-19 Pandemic|
|National Center for Hearing Assessment & Management Utah State University||Welcome to the Tele-Intervention Learning Courses|