Integrated pre-service and in-service learning systems in early childhood intervention
- Align programs of study to State and national professional organization personnel standards and interdisciplinary competencies
- Integrate Division of Early Childhood recommended practices (RP) into programs of study
- Utilize adult learning principles
- The use of evidenced based adult learning practices in IHE programs of study and PD training activities
- Other identified areas needed to prepare and support a high quality ECI workforce to improve outcomes of infants and young children with disabilities and their families through the delivery of high-quality services in inclusive settings
- Fiscal Year 2020 Application for New Grants Under the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) - Grant Application Package
Use this ECPC checklist to consider the grant elements of your application that will be reviewed and scored.
The Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, Department of Education has announced a new personnel preparation funding opportunity. Use this ECPC planning guide to prepare your application for the Personnel Development to Improve Services and Results for Children with Disabilities: Interdisciplinary Preparation in Special Education, Early Intervention, and Related Services for Personnel Serving Children with Disabilities Who Have High-Intensity Needs (CFDA 84.325K) Focus Area A: Preparing personnel to serve infants, toddlers, and preschool-age children with disabilities who have high intensity needs. Applications are due May 29, 2020.
The intended use of the ECPC Curriculum Planning Tool is to provide higher education faculty a tool to develop initial Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (EI/ECSE) programs and blended Early Childhood Education (ECE) and ECSE programs aligned with personnel preparation standards and recommended practices and to ensure that the standards and recommended practices are embedded within and throughout the curriculum. The development of the ECPC curriculum planning tool was driven by the CEC Initial Special Education Professional Preparation Standards (2012), the DEC Initial Specialty Set: ECSE/EI knowledge and skill statements, and the NAEYC Professional Preparation Standards (2010), aligned with the DEC Recommended Practices (RPs) (2014). You will find each DEC RP as a separate tab on the tool.
A crosswalk for each Recommended Practice within the Recommended Practices topical areas were developed and are located on the Early Childhood Personnel Center website. Given the methodological procedure for these crosswalks, not all personnel standard elements are included. The Leadership practices have not yet been included in the crosswalk.
This is a downloadable excel file and should be personalized to meet the needs of your EI/ECSE or blended ECE/ECSE program. The tabs represent topics in early childhood special education and are not intended to represent single courses within a EI/ECSE program.
Course enhancement offerings include e-learning lessons, practice guides, resources, and CONNECT Modules.
This example syllabus provides ideas, resources, activities, readings, and assignments, aligned with personnel preparation standards and recommended practices. Consider state and university policies and add as appropriate. This is an example only and is not a complete syllabus.
Have You Ever Thought About Getting Your PhD? If You Have, NOW is the Time!